Consolidated Ideas

f31endf31end Black Sheep of ze InternetPosts: 74Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
edited July 2015 in Ideas & Feature Requests
Hello Empires Team,

I am pretty impressed with the constant energy and resources put into Empires and Allies. I look forward to the new environments, artwork, gameplay options, units, and more which are coming with the next update. The latest update was great to tide us off and beta-test some of the unit tuning. I used to make games myself, and have some ideas which might help bring some novelty and tuning. Some of these are more practical than others, and some are based on efficiency observations. Some are long term and difficult to implement, and some are short term.

Gameplay Ideas
  1. Alpha Bravo Charlie restore time should be divided based on the number of control groups used. (For example, if alpha and bravo are used, restore time is 1/2; for all three, 1/3) This way players are not incentivized to create one powerful squadron, and micro-management is encouraged.
  2. What if units could be commanded to attack squadrons?
  3. After all units are deployed, the deploy icons should shrink to smaller tabs, to take up less of the screen, but still show how many units are alive.
  4. The main reason for heavy troop use is the intersection of their build time and strike force duration. They were OP but balance is not there yet since strikers and tanks are no match for THELs.
  5. Tarmacs could be able to consolidate units of one type to another tarmac with the same type.
  6. Retreating should occur at the borders of the base, not just the original deploy point

Alliance Ideas
  1. Able to send "main resources" as a percentage (except gold?). The most efficient way to play within an alliance is to send out small gifts of all types to specific reliable players. Some people use a "touch pass" system where they send gifts to be sent back at a 19% net tax.
  2. "Close Friends" filter at the top of the list within the send gift and private message option.
  3. Strike force should be able to be cancelled. I've made mistakes before applying the strike force on the wrong building.

Research Ideas
  1. Sniper Elites join your commandos to take out rangers from far.
  2. CNC hack range increases as you level up. The range decrease made it very difficult to win against higher level hq's, which was what made the game revive it's battle value. CNC's should not hack units that are disabled by stealth tanks.
  3. Tomahawk can increase speed as it levels up, and they shouldn't die instantly from the stealth tank burst.
  4. Stealth tanks should not chain attack too many air units
  5. Medivacs can remove emp blast (if they are not themselves disabled), but cost tech to build. They are rarely used by top level players.
  6. Upgraded landmines can be shrouded and only revealed by its orange light and beige surrounding square.
  7. Striker IV's are still underpowered and too quick. They rush into battle and get sacrificed without doing any real damage. Their armour and attack should be tuned to make them more effective.
  8. Flares, when upgraded could increase the speed of units slightly.

HQ Ideas
  1. Fourth Dome Defense option: A force shield which is vulnerable to attack but increases armour of nearby units (but no overlapping amplification). Maybe when it levels up it can let off affect area damage.
  2. Rally route system: Set up rally groups where those assigned to group 1 will rally only using those flags as waypoints. Rally groups can be managed at the HQ.
  3. Exclusive flags for alliance leaders who win 'alliance wars'.

Building/Unit Ideas
  1. Laser walls which span between posts ranging from a certain distance. Posts act as their weak points.
  2. Flame tanks/flamethrowers which are good for taking out commandos but weak against spiders and tanks.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Best,

Adem O'Byrne

(AKA: F31END)

Comments

• MeyerMeyer The Pesky Helper Posts: 171Registered User Investigator
    edited July 2015
    f31end wrote: »
    Hello Empires Team,

I am pretty impressed with the constant energy and resources put into Empires and Allies. I look forward to the new environments, artwork, gameplay options, units, and more which are coming with the next update. The latest update was great to tide us off and beta-test some of the unit tuning. I used to make games myself, and have some ideas which might help bring some novelty and tuning. Some of these are more practical than others, and some are based on efficiency observations. Some are long term and difficult to implement, and some are short term.

Gameplay Ideas
    1. Alpha Bravo Charlie restore time should be divided based on the number of control groups used. (For example, if alpha and bravo are used, restore time is 1/2; for all three, 1/3) This way players are not incentivized to create one powerful squadron, and micro-management is encouraged.
    2. What if units could be commanded to attack squadrons?
    3. After all units are deployed, the deploy icons should shrink to smaller tabs, to take up less of the screen, but still show how many units are alive.
    4. The main reason for heavy troop use is the intersection of their build time and strike force duration. They were OP but balance is not there yet since strikers and tanks are no match for THELs.
    5. Tarmacs could be able to consolidate units of one type to another tarmac with the same type.
    6. Retreating should occur at the borders of the base, not just the original deploy point

Alliance Ideas
    1. Able to send "main resources" as a percentage (except gold?). The most efficient way to play within an alliance is to send out small gifts of all types to specific reliable players. Some people use a "touch pass" system where they send gifts to be sent back at a 19% net tax.
    2. "Close Friends" filter at the top of the list within the send gift and private message option.
    3. Strike force should be able to be cancelled. I've made mistakes before applying the strike force on the wrong building.

Research Ideas
    1. Sniper Elites join your commandos to take out rangers from far.
    2. CNC hack range increases as you level up. The range decrease made it very difficult to win against higher level hq's, which was what made the game revive it's battle value. CNC's should not hack units that are disabled by stealth tanks.
    3. Tomahawk can increase speed as it levels up, and they shouldn't die instantly from the stealth tank burst.
    4. Stealth tanks should not chain attack too many air units
    5. Medivacs can remove emp blast (if they are not themselves disabled), but cost tech to build. They are rarely used by top level players.
    6. Upgraded landmines can be shrouded and only revealed by its orange light and beige surrounding square.
    7. Striker IV's are still underpowered and too quick. They rush into battle and get sacrificed without doing any real damage. Their armour and attack should be tuned to make them more effective.
    8. Flares, when upgraded could increase the speed of units slightly.

HQ Ideas
    1. Fourth Dome Defense option: A force shield which is vulnerable to attack but increases armour of nearby units (but no overlapping amplification). Maybe when it levels up it can let off affect area damage.
    2. Rally route system: Set up rally groups where those assigned to group 1 will rally only using those flags as waypoints. Rally groups can be managed at the HQ.
    3. Exclusive flags for alliance leaders who win 'alliance wars'.

Building/Unit Ideas
    1. Laser walls which span between posts ranging from a certain distance. Posts act as their weak points.
    2. Flame tanks/flamethrowers which are good for taking out commandos but weak against spiders and tanks.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Best,

Adem O'Byrne

(AKA: F31END)

These are some good upgrades. Hope developers are reading this.
  • tonantostonantos Gabby Enthusiast Posts: 281Suspended User Unstained Chieftain
    edited July 2015
    I actually like the idea of the shield system, although I would prefer an actual shield that surrounds a small area of the base.
  • Foo_FighterFoo_Fighter Super Moderator Posts: 5,316Super Moderator Moderator
    edited July 2015
    These suggestions will surely be shared with the Studio, Commanders! Thanks for your thoughts and for taking the time to share them here. :cool:
  • f31endf31end Black Sheep of ze Internet Posts: 74Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited July 2015
    These suggestions will surely be shared with the Studio, Commanders! Thanks for your thoughts and for taking the time to share them here. :cool:

It looks like the Tides of war addresses some of my concerns. (#4 gameplay) Although, I still think due to the power of Thels, EMP, and shock mines that people will prefer ranger squads to strikers and tanks. It may also increase the monopoly of certain units instead of encouraging a more diverse cast. We will see how it goes.
    edited July 2015
    I have six Tarmacs half for rangers and two for tanks and then last one for stealth, as time goes on and feel confident knowing I can win using less rangers I will do, until then they will be used, I think the stealth/tomahawks and striker's need to be a bit more stronger
  • f31endf31end Black Sheep of ze Internet Posts: 74Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited July 2015
    I would up the stealth's, the tomahawks, Tanks, and strikers HP levels and lower the attack of the tomahawks. I would even go further in saying that ranger HP should be lowered by 10%, assuming that this Tide of War will pass.

I wonder if playing time goes down by half, if the Tide of war will decrease the oil and time of all unit types by 30%
    edited July 2015
    I quite like Stealth tank as it's armour, but again it's too weak, nothing better than seeing armour rolling, out of curiosity why doesn't any of the armour drive over rangers and commando's, that is food for thought, would soon mine outta advantage of rangers
    edited July 2015
    My issue with the stealths is that I don't know if you upgrade them if their explosion goes higher or not. They are useful for defense but I'm not sure if I should keep them low on the upgrade list. They are as useful as CnC vehicle since they go undetected until they hit the defense, but they do require micromanagement.
  • CaptainDuckCaptainDuck Delightful Duckling Posts: 22Suspended User
    edited July 2015

Any chance you can increase flare cast speed with upgrades? The half second animation can mean a few more units live or die before they repath. I literally mean reducing or removing the cast animation and making flare the (while army) command group instant cast at some research level. Otherwise it's at worst redundant with control groups and is at best a gimped control group.
    edited July 2015
    Any chance you can increase flare cast speed with upgrades? The half second animation can mean a few more units live or die before they repath. I literally mean reducing or removing the cast animation and making flare the (while army) command group instant cast at some research level. Otherwise it's at worst redundant with control groups and is at best a gimped control group.

What if the flare later becomes a smoke screen? As in it decreases the accuracy of defenses within a certain radius?
  • Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Posts: 587Registered User Goldsmith
    edited July 2015
  • Aaron Lynn Aaron Lynn Posts: 20Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin
    empires and allies team ... keep up the good work