Hello Empires Team,
I am pretty impressed with the constant energy and resources put into Empires and Allies. I look forward to the new environments, artwork, gameplay options, units, and more which are coming with the next update. The latest update was great to tide us off and beta-test some of the unit tuning. I used to make games myself, and have some ideas which might help bring some novelty and tuning. Some of these are more practical than others, and some are based on efficiency observations. Some are long term and difficult to implement, and some are short term.
- Alpha Bravo Charlie restore time should be divided based on the number of control groups used. (For example, if alpha and bravo are used, restore time is 1/2; for all three, 1/3) This way players are not incentivized to create one powerful squadron, and micro-management is encouraged.
- What if units could be commanded to attack squadrons?
- After all units are deployed, the deploy icons should shrink to smaller tabs, to take up less of the screen, but still show how many units are alive.
- The main reason for heavy troop use is the intersection of their build time and strike force duration. They were OP but balance is not there yet since strikers and tanks are no match for THELs.
- Tarmacs could be able to consolidate units of one type to another tarmac with the same type.
- Retreating should occur at the borders of the base, not just the original deploy point
- Able to send "main resources" as a percentage (except gold?). The most efficient way to play within an alliance is to send out small gifts of all types to specific reliable players. Some people use a "touch pass" system where they send gifts to be sent back at a 19% net tax.
- "Close Friends" filter at the top of the list within the send gift and private message option.
- Strike force should be able to be cancelled. I've made mistakes before applying the strike force on the wrong building.
- Sniper Elites join your commandos to take out rangers from far.
- CNC hack range increases as you level up. The range decrease made it very difficult to win against higher level hq's, which was what made the game revive it's battle value. CNC's should not hack units that are disabled by stealth tanks.
- Tomahawk can increase speed as it levels up, and they shouldn't die instantly from the stealth tank burst.
- Stealth tanks should not chain attack too many air units
- Medivacs can remove emp blast (if they are not themselves disabled), but cost tech to build. They are rarely used by top level players.
- Upgraded landmines can be shrouded and only revealed by its orange light and beige surrounding square.
- Striker IV's are still underpowered and too quick. They rush into battle and get sacrificed without doing any real damage. Their armour and attack should be tuned to make them more effective.
- Flares, when upgraded could increase the speed of units slightly.
- Fourth Dome Defense option: A force shield which is vulnerable to attack but increases armour of nearby units (but no overlapping amplification). Maybe when it levels up it can let off affect area damage.
- Rally route system: Set up rally groups where those assigned to group 1 will rally only using those flags as waypoints. Rally groups can be managed at the HQ.
- Exclusive flags for alliance leaders who win 'alliance wars'.
- Laser walls which span between posts ranging from a certain distance. Posts act as their weak points.
- Flame tanks/flamethrowers which are good for taking out commandos but weak against spiders and tanks.
Thank you for your time and consideration.