Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Will FV2:CE ever come to the web?

poopooracoocoopoopooracoocoo Posts: 14Registered User Pumpkin
I use Ubuntu on my computer and would like to be able to play FV2: CE

Answers

• robbos64robbos64 Posts: 87Registered User Dramachine

I dont think will as we have farmville on FBK anyway so if this went there then they kill that of and that is a bigger game to expand loads of space as here you don't get that much...

• poopooracoocoopoopooracoocoo Posts: 14Registered User Pumpkin
    edited July 29
    1. FarmVille 1 and 2 on Facebook are not the same as FV:CE
    2: FV 1 and 2 will be killed when flash is killed off by Chrome 76 which releases the day after tomorrow
    3. It's not really a bigger game. It's a completely different game. One is more sandbox than the other. Country Escape is very closed and is all about in app purchases.
    > @robbos64 said:
    > I dont think will as we have farmville on FBK anyway so if this went there then they kill that of and that is a bigger game to expand loads of space as here you don't get that much...

Just so you know, this is a question for Zynga.
  • Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,466Registered User The Boss

@poopooracoocoo Farmville CE is already available to play on laptops or desktops. Download it from the Microsoft store. Play until level 5 and then sync with your farm on any other device.
    I play on my laptop sometimes when my tablet is charging.

> @Rambling Rose said:
    > @poopooracoocoo Farmville CE is already available to play on laptops or desktops. Download it from the Microsoft store. Play until level 5 and then sync with your farm on any other device.
    > I play on my laptop sometimes when my tablet is charging.

It's like you didn't read the part where I mentioned Ubuntu.
    edited August 10

@poopooracoocoo said:
    > @Rambling Rose said:
    > @poopooracoocoo Farmville CE is already available to play on laptops or desktops. Download it from the Microsoft store. Play until level 5 and then sync with your farm on any other device.

You're right! Never heard of it. My point is you can play the game on any device. Why would Zynga develop another version?

@Rambling Rose said:

@poopooracoocoo said:
    > @Rambling Rose said:

You're right! Never heard of it. My point is you can play the game on any device. Why would Zynga develop another version?

Never heard of Ubuntu?

You can't play FV: CE on any device. You can play web games on any device without having to download it. On Windows/Android/iOS, why web instead of app? You can play on a device you don't own. You don't have to take up space. You don't have to deal with updates. Service workers are something that allow developers to make offline websites.

So back to my first point, Ubuntu is a fully free, not just in cost, operating system. It relies on standards. It has Chrome, Chromium and Firefox as well as smaller browsers. Chrome is based on Chromium for your information. Since Flash in the browser is dying, FarmVille won't be available on non-Windows desktops. Imagine macOS too. macOS however, is not fully free but would also benefit from a web version.

@poopooracoocoo Zynga are currently trialling a completely new Farmville game. Perhaps you'll get a web version of that.

• robbos64robbos64 Posts: 87Registered User Dramachine

Farmville 3 animals game out now and thats a good game to play as got bigger land than FV: ce has now...