Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Are they stopping the self cloning?

Tammyo1Tammyo1 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Best Answer

Answers

• dccdcc Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

i know i can no longer clone I would like to know the answer to this as well

• VesnaCVesnaC Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

I'd like to know if they are trying to stop cloning or just the self cloning?

• HasiHasi Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
  • Tammyo1Tammyo1 Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
  • synbarsynbar Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 20 Delightful Duckling

I'm with Aussiegilz, it's cheating. And if they stop it, the players who play by the rules won't get locked out of things like the county fair & leader board events... Sounds good to me!!

• JenkeyJenkey Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 602 Mazter Guardian
    Our coop has “never” cloned and we play all events and win all temporary hands, plus most of us get top 5 in leaderboard and my coop still has Fun!!
    We don’t even know how to clone, let alone know what self cloning is lol
  • Bar34Bar34 Registered User Posts: 217 Cupcake Princess

Our coop does not clone either. We chat more and more active assisting each other through chat requests.

• kazzahkazzah Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

hi all ive just logged in today and im not able to buy items even after counting 20 sec it displays "sold" and thats not cloning

• M1P4M1P4 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 233 Cupcake Princess
    edited June 13

@synbar said:
    I'm with Aussiegilz, it's cheating. And if they stop it, the players who play by the rules won't get locked out of things like the county fair & leader board events... Sounds good to me!!

I already posted a long comment in another thread about cloning, but just had to say, that, removing just those who clone, will not result in this. Standard cloning that requires min 3 ppl to participate is the weakest cheat there is when it comes to competitions. Hackers, external programs which gives people unlimited everyhting and other such huge cheats, all already reported in these threads are still there. If they only remove cloners, you will not see any change in your chances in the leaderboards be it events or county fair. Only thing you'll notice is even smaller playerbase and Zynga with even less money, since hackers and such will never spend a dime, but most who occasionally clone are normal paying customers. Zynga should start from where it matters.

I've been playing since almost day one and cloning has always been there, yet, if you worked hard, you had a good chance at any competition. Only once the hardcore hacks started gaining popularity, we started seeing those astronomical points in each leaderboard. (And I too refused compete in anything anynore) And btw, no, I do not clone to get stuff for myself. It's part of the game for me that I can't get everything I want whenever I want. I just find Zynga's order of doing things absurd and wouldn't want to see this game die as much as my relatioship to it is a lovehate one.

• paulaspaulas Registered User Posts: 76 Black Sheep of ze Internet

@kazzah that is duplicating no different from cloning. Just a different way of doing it.

• DeniseWittDeniseWitt Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

Gonna have to learn how to duplicate because I work 10 hours a day and I would not be able to accomplish anything on my farm if I could not clone

• T_VinyardT_Vinyard Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    Cloning definitely spoils you, and once you’ve been introduced to it, ya wanna defend it with all your might. lol Still, the debate goes on.....
  • T_VinyardT_Vinyard Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    > @Ilse said:
    > What is self cloning?
    > The ability to clone has always been a feature of this game, if stopped, fun will be gone, and a lot of players will stop playing

Self cloning is the ability to clone items without the assistance of other players. I’ve dubbed it “The Bracket Hack” because it involves resetting your name with {brackets} which enables you to purchase the same item(s) from either your co-op or global market over and over, amongst other things. There’s far more controversy over this type of cloning than the original form, because it’s actually more like pirating than cloning. You’re taking someone’s sale item again and again while they only gain the price of it once, for one thing. There’s a lot more to it than that, but there it is in my nut shell. I’m pretty sure it’s not condoned by Zynga.
  • Vee666Vee666 Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

Self cloning involves using a cheat and we do not allow anyone with brackets round their name to join our co op. Cloning, on the other hand, is not cheating; it is utilising what it available to all co op players. Our co op has allowed minimal cloning - not for event items until the last few days to help those who simply do not have the time to spend on events which often require many hours daily playing, and not for cloning items for orders. We have noticed that some players are now unable to clone. I say sort the bracket cheaters and hackers out, leave cloning alone!

• carly68carly68 Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    How is cloning not cheating and self-cloning is? They both end up with the same results. Buying over and over on global is laughable...Maybe for items that never sell anyway like sea salt or peach yogurt but the rest of it is snapped up as you have to exit all the way then come back. So that doesn’t factor into it as a benefit. Whether you clone using three people or just your self with brackets, you’re doing the exact same thing. So please stop with the ridiculous assertion that cloning is perfectly fine but self cloning with brackets is somehow cheating. Because if it’s cheating when you use brackets, then it’s cheating when you clone the traditional way. Cloning is cloning and how you do it is irrelevant. So decide whether cloning is cheating or not and go on about your business. While you’re at it, quit whining about everyone else and just play the game. Or go find another game. Those of us who don’t care are really tired of those of you who think you have the right to tell everyone else how to play
  • PaulaBPaulaB Registered User Posts: 17 Muffin
    > @synbar said:
    > I'm with Aussiegilz, it's cheating. And if they stop it, the players who play by the rules won't get locked out of things like the county fair & leader board events... Sounds good to me!!
    Those that have extremely high points and always come first in county fair and leader board events do not obtain those points as a result of cloning, they use hacks to give them unlimited keys, so you and others like you are targeting the wrong people, when cloning comes to an end those hackers will STILL be top of leader board events, they don't need to clone because they have unlimited keys
  • PaulaBPaulaB Registered User Posts: 17 Muffin
    > @Aussiegilz said:
    > Cloning is not an option its a cheat ;)

With all due respect, I hope you keep that in mind when next you buy from the global market because in case you did not know the MAJORITY of crafted items there are as a direct result of CLONING. Hackers have unlimited keys they don't need to clone, I would have to clone all day every day for a week to beat the hackers points. Cloning puts products in Global for others to buy, it also requires a great deal of team work withen Co Ops. There is not one legitimate negative to cloning...there is just the misconception that cloners have an advantage over the precious county fair leader board. I am going to come on this forum after cloning ends and laugh at persons such as yourself who will STILL be complaining about the leader board because guess what? The hackers will still be there and Oh yeah... Global market will have nothing as well so you all will be complaining about
  • ganga1280ganga1280 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 33 Forum Traveller

Well done Zynga !!! Don't stop hackers with unlimited resources but stop 'Cloning' which requires a good coop ,players. Cloning doesn't give extremely high country fair points and leaderboard points. How are we suppose to fulfill those ridiculous Marie Board orders,Eddie ,Mariner ?? While you are it ,Might as well remove the 'CoopExclusive' button too if we cant clone or the whole idea of having a 'COOP'!!