Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Possible Bug?

BWadeBWade Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I was holding strong at 4th place for my farm for the SandCastle event that just ended. Just checked my rewards and had to reopen the app several times to get it to load. Once it finally loaded, I was in 6th place. Granted I didn't check within the last half hour of the event but I was 5,000 points ahead of the next closest player so I don't see them closing the gap in such a little amount of time. It has never happened to me before in all the previous events I've played like this one. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Chidgey_johnChidgey_john Posts: 232Registered User Cupcake Princess

This happens in most in most events for me players wait for the last hour and then come in really fast if I am not number 1 or 2 I don't bother.

• Knows WheatKnows Wheat Super Moderator Posts: 1,663Guest The Chosen One

We appreciate your report about your final rank on the leaderboard event, @BWade. You may submit a ticket to Support and include a description of your concern, name and email address, and Player ID for further assistance. Thanks for sharing us your experience, @Chidgey_john.

• CalamityCalamity Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I received a " congratulations you won the dog. You placed 5th."
    Didn't receive the dog. Sent report in. Was told I placed 6th. I did NOT take a screenshot as I've never had this issue before. Definitely a bug! If I had taken the screenshot I would push them to honor it. Not cool.
  • Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,431Registered User The Boss

@BWade you don't say what level you are so it's hard to know if someone in your leader board group could get more than 5,000 points in 30 mins.
    It is possible, I know as I've done it myself and I was passed by 2 other's in the last few minutes of the game even though I had been first and was more than 10,000 points ahead of 2nd with an hour left to go. Fortunately I stayed 3rd.
    I always try to get to double the points of whoever is in 6th place. I can never stay awake for the end as it's midnight my time, so that's the only way to feel safe.
    @Calamity , that's a shame. I lost a dog too once so I can imagine how you feel. I've taken screenshots ever since.

• Bar34Bar34 Posts: 286Registered User Unstained Chieftain

Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots. I had 4 hours of screenshots showing 20,000 of points earned overtaking 5th place by 10,000. Those screenshots showing"5th place" player not playing. Also showing 3 minutes between screenshots player miraculously scored 20,000 half hour before event ended gaining 5th place position. Based on the screenshots Zynga changed my ranking to 5th place.

• AndeeAndee Posts: 136Registered User The Pesky Helper

@BWade yes, something similar happened with my group at the end of this event. I was holding a strong second, a couple thousand behind first and a couple thousand ahead of 3rd. During the last few minutes of the game, I kept checking the placements. They were staying the same for top 5. I last checked the board about 50 seconds before the end. Right after it ended, I checked the board and there was a new person in first! This person had been in 4th or 5th the whole time. Somehow in the last 50 seconds, this player gained about 10,000 points to land in first. Luckily, I only went down one place and still won the dog.

• IrrayaIrraya Unstained Chieftain Posts: 1,256Registered User Genius Genie

I also think that the points are not always up to date. I've restarted and seen big changes in the group. Changes that are only shown after a restart. But I'm scared to restart close to the end, because a lot of times, the board doesn't load properly, and I'm shown in position 0, with no rewards.

I was 3rd, event ended with me in 5th. Still got the dog, but that drop was hard to believe as I was maybe 20,000 points ahead of the next few players.

• SB_SB_ Captain Obvious Posts: 248Registered User Gabby Enthusiast
    @Irraya The board definitely gets stuck every now and then and stops updating scores. I've never experienced big jumps from other players, but there have been situation where I restarted the game and noticed the other players' scores weren't as up to date as I thought.
  • Bar34Bar34 Posts: 286Registered User Unstained Chieftain

On my kindle, during fast paced events, the "game" slows. I have to restart each hour to avoid the game registering a tap a few seconds later as a spend keys tap.

• Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,431Registered User The Boss

@BarHallenr said:
    On my kindle, during fast paced events, the "game" slows. I have to restart each hour to avoid the game registering a tap a few seconds later as a spend keys tap.

I have a Kindle as back up but you're right it's not as good. Since I got my Samsung tablet I use the Kindle much less and it's always behind. I suspect apple devices get priority as this is really a USA game in Europe we come second.