Discussion thread: The Show Pigs feature!

Alpine EnigmaAlpine Enigma Super ModeratorPosts: 2,057Super Moderator Moderator

Howdy, Farmers! If you have any observations, feedback, suggestions and ideas about the Show Pigs feature, let us know about it and share your comments below. :smiley:

Comments

• mhakimhaki Super Moderator Posts: 1,010Super Moderator Moderator

Your suggestions and feedback will be relayed to the team, @Andee And @Rambling Rose. Thanks!

Regarding the different weights and prizes, this is being looked into. In the meantime, I suggest to get in touch with Player Support and include the following info so they can help you out with this.

-Issue description
    -Name and email address
    -Player ID
    -Screenshots (if available for iOS or Android)

• Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,054Registered User Pet Queen

@mhaki I don't actually mind about the different weights and prizes. In a lot of ways it's fair if the person who fed the pig the most gets better prizes.
    I do mind about the golden gloves though. I'll try and get screenshots next time I weigh a pig.

edited May 30

25 golden gloves before pig is weighed

Pig is weighed and gives 3 gloves

Just under a minute later after weighing the pig I still only have 25 gloves

@mhaki this illustrates the golden gloves problem. I'll raise a ticket with Support.

@mhaki sent in my ticket and got a very swift reply with 5 golden gloves compensation. I was told the 15 rule only applies to speed seed from friends and there is no such rule for golden gloves.
    All great news but there was no mention of the now confirmed glitch being worked on or treated as a known issue.
    I don't want to contact Support every time I weigh a pig!

Just had a response saying "if it becomes a known issue " they'll put their best people on it.
    Just weighed another pig and failed to get the gloves again. @mhaki please help, I don't know what else to do!

• IrrayaIrraya Unstained Chieftain Posts: 1,004Registered User Pet Queen

If there is no limit, and if we are not getting gloves from the pigs or Walter, then yes, there is an issue. Please moderators, can you help out with this?

• firefighterfanfirefighterfan Posts: 264Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

OMG i do wish they stop asking for lots of quartz things cuz im alway out of quartz. It ok once in awhile for quartz items but every 2nd item is quartz items or even the same item 3 in a row it to hard to make all that n keep up w eddie mariner n marie to do it to. n then no one on co-op on n all the quartz items on global is either sold or co-op please fix it thank you

• mhakimhaki Super Moderator Posts: 1,010Super Moderator Moderator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Rambling Rose and @Irraya. I've shared the details you've provided to the team.

@firefighterfan, your feedback has been forwarded as well. Thanks!

• firefighterfanfirefighterfan Posts: 264Registered User Gabby Enthusiast
    @mhaki thanks hope it get done out of quartz again :(
  • laurieflaurief Posts: 286Registered User Unstained Chieftain

The fact that many players still don't have the option to skip food items is a serious problem with the Show Pig feature. In spite of my having repeatedly informed my co-op members that not all of us have the skip option yet, I fear that it is difficult for them to remember. As a result, I suspect that many of them have either identified each other as "bad partners" for not feeding partnered pigs regularly, or they've quit raising Show Pigs entirely. The skip food option REALLY needs to be either rolled out to everyone NOW, or it needs to be deleted from everyone NOW. The only way to level the playing field and prevent this sort of unjustified judgment between partners is for everyone to have the same features available to them. I don't think Zynga realizes the disintegrating effect this "some have it and some don't" situation is having on the enjoyment of the Show Pig feature.

The Show Pig feature still needs to incorporate a private messaging system separately into each pig pen so that partners can communicate with each other. This is so important for strategizing to raise large pigs with ample rewards ... or to raise a naked pig, if one of the partners requires that for filling their Pig Chart. If one or both partners does NOT yet have the skip food option, the ability to message each other becomes critical so partners can help each other and/or understand why a partner isn't feeding the pig.

It would also be helpful if the weight meter in each pig pen would display numbers throughout the 4-day feeding period instead of just at weigh-in. It'd be a lot more motivating to keep feeding toward a specific goal than to feed blindly and endlessly. I have to wonder how many players simply give up feeding their pigs midway through the feeding period because they have no idea whether or not they have any realistic chance of reaching costume mode. If we could actually see our pigs getting closer and closer to our goal with each feeding, I think it would remove a lot of the "feeding tedium" from the equation.

@laurief agree with all the above. However rolling out the skip option may not change things much given the inequality in timings (5 mins, 10 mins or an hour). The only person in my coop who I know has the x has to wait an hour. She also has the most expensive, 20 key dinner bells. I'm not surprised I haven't noticed her raising any pigs lately.
    I haven't checked lately but I think very few of my coop are bothering now. A couple have been quite vocal about "what a waste of time they are". Once they realised, the feeding required, the difference in end weights between partners and the not getting golden gloves they lost interest. Most are too busy filling each others orders for Maries board.

@Rambling Rose , if Zynga has decided to increase the skip period to 1 hr for the next rollout of that option, I fear it may signal the end of the Show Pigs for many players. The pigs are already so extremely time and resource intensive, that one more thing that makes them less equitable instead of more, is likely to just put one more nail in their coffins.

Instead of trying to force players to buy and spend keys to skip food items in a timely manner, Zynga should focus on inspiring players to buy more of the key-purchased pigs. One way to do that could be to reset the Show Booth's Pig Chart each time it is fully filled, then provide a substantial reward (say, 200 keys) for each subsequent fully-filled chart. That would give players a reasonable incentive to keep playing the greedy pigs, including purchasing those necessary to help complete the chart and earn the reward.

@Laurief I think it's only some who get the hour. It's like the dinner bells, there are 3 different prices, or the time between helping hands which I believe varies too. .
    I agree the hour is too long and as I said before, coupled with a 20 key dinner bell, it does make the pigs unattractive.

@Rambling Rose , the prices to buy the pigs also varies between players. My pigs are a lot more costly than those of other players with whom I've done comparisons.

@laurief said:
    @Rambling Rose , the prices to buy the pigs also varies between players. My pigs are a lot more costly than those of other players with whom I've done comparisons.

Oh I didn't know that, another one for the list. So we get them to buy and find a way to compensate them? I need more wine to figure that one out!

• MalibuBarbieeMalibuBarbiee Posts: 90Registered User Chocolatier

@Rambling Rose and @laurief you ladies should be working for the Zynga team. Thank you for the insight into the pigs. I've all but given up on them. Haven't done any for a while so thought I'd try one today just in case I now have the option to skip...alas, it's not to be, so I'm stuck waiting to find a smoked salmon. As we know, salmon is in short supply because of the event and how long it takes to collect them and then how long it takes to make one...so the pig goes hungry and I let my partner down.

@MalibuBarbiee I've given them up completely now. The last one I did I got silver and my partner got gold with much better rewards. I complained and Support gave me the difference but it's too much trouble having to contact them every time you weigh a pig.
    I don't have the skip option either so with the event underway and the coop trying to fill Maries silly orders there's no time for pigs.

Zynga doesn't appear to be listening. The Show Pig feature seems to be dying a not-so-slow death among CE players, and as far as I can tell, Zynga is doing nothing to save it.

My poor pig will be skinny this week, I haven't fed it in 24 hrs lol. Be the last one I'll do for a while

I just raised a Cloudy Pig VERY CAREFULLY to be a naked pig (NO costume) for the top slot in the Cloudy Pig column of the pig chart in my Show Booth. I only need 3 more pigs to complete my chart and the Lord of the Swines Achievement ... the naked Cloudy being one of those last 3 needed pigs. So, I was very careful to feed the Cloudy only up to the end of Stage 4 and stop feeding him BEFORE he entered costume mode.

As you can see, the pig was still in Stage 4, 42 seconds before weigh-in.

42 seconds later, the same Stage 4 pig wins a SILVER COSTUME! Needless to say, the pig did NOT fill my last remaining empty slot in the Cloudy Pig column of my pig chart as I had intended. I did NOT need OR want another costumed Cloudy pig. Nor should I have received one. To add insult to injury, the silver costumed pig that I DID NOT WANT awarded me with 4 golden gloves that I did NOT receive ... again (which makes 226 Golden Gloves Zynga currently owes but has not demonstrated the slightest interest in giving me from the Show Pigs)!

My golden glove total immediately BEFORE the Cloudy's weigh-in ...

My golden glove total immediately AFTER the Cloudy's weigh-in ...

So just to make this clear, I spent the last 4 days spending considerable time and resources feeding a pig for a specific purpose which it should have but did not fill, and then did not even receive all of the rewards that the improperly rewarded pig promised!

So, @Alpine Enigma , since you asked for suggestions regarding the Show Pigs, here are more of mine:

1) FIX THE PIGS!

2) Give me the rewards Zynga owes me from spending all of the time and resources I have spent to earn them.

3) Either make the Cloudy Pig I finished yesterday the naked pig he should have been so that he'll fill that slot in my pig chart, or give me a free Cloudy that I can start and not feed at all in hopes that he'll remain naked!

Don't bother to tell me to contact Support. I've done that, and they're ignoring me. Also, don't bother to thank me for my patience, as I ran out of that a long time ago!

• xoADDYxoxoADDYxo Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    The pigs are weighed different on both the side.Even sometimes it happens that after placing the pen the pig is ready to weigh. If the pigs are getting weighed different on both the partners and they getting different rewards then whats the point of keeping partner for pigs better make it solo.

@laurief that is an excellent demonstration of just how the pigs are not working. I haven't tried to fathom out how we fill each space on the chart but you've just shown that it's impossible to do it anyway. I've given up on them for a while. I still don't have the option to skip an order yet and until I get it and they are working correctly, they are not worth the effort.

@Rambling Rose and @laurief this is interesting. I asked support why I don't have the option to skip show pig orders or the crop upgrade feature yet. This is their reply. Apparently it's all still in testing phase. I would have thought the testing would be done by their own team, not random players...who they don't appear to listen to anyway.

@MalibuBarbiee I'm quite amazed they've admitted that, however elsewhere in this forum it has been mentioned that they use us to test things for free. Presumably they rely on people coming here to complain when they don't work.
    Personally I'm getting a bit sick of being an unpaid guinea pig. Most of my coop don't seem to notice the glitches anyway. In fact I'm beginning to realise that when I point them out I am spoiling the game for them rather than helping. I know that none of them ever come here and rarely contact Support.
    Only one of them has the skip option that I know of and she has to wait an hour so it's not worth having anyway. I think most of them have given up the pigs as too much work and unreliable rewards have put us off.

@Rambling Rose Thinking it was only some that would ever get the features if they didn't go ahead with rolling them out to all, I wrote back about the fairness of it. Now I'm not convinced the first response was entirely correct. The bit about not rolling it out to all is questionable but the bit about us (well not me, cause I don't have it lol) being test pilots is closer to fact. But to what end? They come here and take note of the comments and complaints and report them to the team but I've not seen anything change because of it. My orders board is still **** and I don't just mean the quantities. I mean the double timber is not always showing double but as soon as I sell an order, the wrong ones immediately adjust to the right numbers. Surely they have their own little co-op in a test environment with specific instructions on the steps for testing? If they haven't, they should have lol. An hour wait might be better than making a smoked salmon or loaded baked potato lol

• SarahMaynard60SarahMaynard60 Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon

I do love this little feature! The only issue I have with it is that the pigs need alot of quartz as they tend to need either wine or Jars!!!! It's kinda hard to get them the right weight to gain the costumes, so far I only won the bottom tier prizes like Golden Gloves, Keys ect
    I was hoping that there was a little "skip feed" feature but I guess that may not be implemented yet for everyone to use :(