Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.

Orders claimed

HarvestMoonHarvestMoon Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Marie's Board.. orders are being claimed in my coop and sometimes not being filled. I understand life can get busy, but we shouldn't have to wait so long for a person to fill the order. Until they do, we can't get anymore out.

Can you please put a cancel option on our side of the the order? The person who claimed can cancel..but not the person waiting. Thank you.

Answers

• Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,410Registered User The Boss

@HarvestMoon As we can only put out 2 orders at a time, I agree it's a nuisance if someone takes an order then takes forever, or worse doesn't fill it. However what if you were busy working on someones order and they suddenly cancelled it? You might only be a few minutes away and then get stuck with a load of stuff you no longer need.
    Maybe the time to fill should be less?

• EmilyBoyHEmilyBoyH Cloudylicious Posts: 279Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

I agree with @Rambling Rose - right now I am having issues with my Wi-Fi and am having to turn off my cellular data on my tablet so I don't go over. This means I may be playing & creating items for the order - but can't sell until I get home. I would hate to have made a bunch of stuff then get cancelled.

@HarvestMoon I have had the same issue half a dozen times where someone has claimed my order then not filled it and had one time where I filled an order, then the other person didn't get online in time to complete the order. Not sure what the answer is to the problem.

• KuhnByAhKuhnByAh Clueless Cookie Posts: 37Registered User Learning the Ropes
    edited June 2017
    How about having a counter, such as (11/25), like we have on All other orders. Then we can see how they are progressing on an order.
    @HarvestMoon @RamblingRose @EmilyBoyH

@KuhnByAh I like that idea but there's a problem with it. Yesterday I was filling an order for jackets for someone but Eddie wanted jackets too.
    If the person whose order I took could see how many jackets I'd made they might have expected me to fill their order sooner.
    It happens a lot with the pigs. They ask for things you might also be making for someones order.

Interesting idea about the counter but I agree with @Rambling Rose that it could be deceiving.

Yesterday I claimed an order of 3 loaded baked potatoes when I already had 5 on hand. BUT I was making more and had hungry piggies that I figured would want some of those loaded baked potatoes! So I waited the rest of the day until my piggies were napping and the other potatoes had finished baking. Then I finally sold the order - still with about 20 hours to spare.

I had a strange one yesterday -

Someone had claimed my order for 7 trout souffle and was working on it - I even sold two I had already completed to them. All of a sudden, the order was back on my board.

I ended up completing it myself.

I have had a couple of similar glitches before on orders that I have claimed. The first time the order disappeared, I completed two other orders for someone else, then the order magically appeared again! The second time I was busy working on an order for someone, it disappeared & never came back.

Anyone else have the same issues?

• TejasgirlTejasgirl Posts: 21Registered User Delightful Duckling

I've had several orders I was working on for others be gone well before the time wad up. One wax for gelato the other blackberry tarts. Claimed the order, got them going over night, collected items the next morning and order was gone.

@Tejasgirl same happening to me @PurpleButterfly has started a thread on it

• PurpleButterflyPurpleButterfly Posts: 35Registered User Learning the Ropes
    The orders that disappear on me ARE NOT co-pop orders.
    I am working on them alone & order is gone when I go to sell it.

I have yet to receive help when I ask.
    I am not able to retrieve it to complete it myself.
    So the item just takes up space on my board till time runs out.
    I agree that we should be given a retrieval option.
    If we get stuck with items,
    We can sell them on the market just like we do with anything else we don't want.
    CHA-CHING!!!!!
    LOL!!!
  • PurpleButterflyPurpleButterfly Posts: 35Registered User Learning the Ropes
    edited June 2017
    @Rambling Rose & @Tejasgirl
    Thanks for verification that I'm not imagining things.
    LOL!!!

See my post on "Orders Claimed".
  • TejasgirlTejasgirl Posts: 21Registered User Delightful Duckling

It's only been a couple of times but makes me hesitate on stuff that will take a long time to make.

• IrrayaIrraya Unstained Chieftain Posts: 1,256Registered User Genius Genie

@Tejasgirl said:
    It's only been a couple of times but makes me hesitate on stuff that will take a long time to make.

I agree. I usually take orders that I have all the required items for, or that won't take long to make. I don't like taking an order that will take long to make, and block one of their spots, especially when someone else can make.

Also, I never take an order that I can't complete that day. I will never leave one overnight.