60 point cap on contribution to Co-op order board weekly goal

MalibuBarbieeMalibuBarbiee Posts: 90Registered User Chocolatier

I only found out about this in the last couple of days when I realised my completed orders weren't being added to the weekly score. It's really disappointing and unfair for small co-ops. Players have real lives and jobs and families outside of FV and can't play all day every day. How are smaller co-ops with only a few active players ever going to reach their weekly goal with this silly cap? It's certainly made the game less appealing for me and it may well be the straw that broke the addiction to it.

Comments

• Masia1975Masia1975 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 205Registered User Cupcake Princess
    @Rambling Rose I second that. 60 orders limit is ridiculous especially that weekly order goal in many coops including mine is 1000! Zynga, drop the limit or raise it up to 100
  • laurieflaurief Posts: 286Registered User Unstained Chieftain

@Rambling Rose, It's almost impossible to explain anything to other co-op members in the in-game chat. As the admin of my co-op, I created a Facebook group for my co-op where I provide all sorts of game tips, guides, explanations, and other helpful information for my co-op members. Of course, they've all needed to friend me on Facebook in order to access our FB group, but it's been an invaluable resource for me and for them. Communications within the game itself are far too limited to allow for that sort of information sharing.

• Rambling RoseRambling Rose Muffin Posts: 1,087Registered User Pet Queen

@laurief I couldn't agree more we communicate on messenger where we've formed a group. I am the only one who visits here ( I have the time to do so) usually I can give them news and help but I have really struggled to explain the board. Finally this morning I got them to understand the cap of 60 and stop claiming orders they weren't getting points for. A couple even found the elusive screen with all the orders out for help and saw "help" was greyed out. I some suggestions about this so @Masia1975 , don't laugh, I'm going to start another thread!

• Masia1975Masia1975 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 205Registered User Cupcake Princess

@Masia1975 thank you! I've just posted it. See what you think.

• MalibuBarbieeMalibuBarbiee Posts: 90Registered User Chocolatier

Yes!!! 100 would be good but 0 would be better. I don't understand why there need to be a cap at all. What difference does it make if one person does more than the other? Bah

• EmilyBoyHEmilyBoyH Cloudylicious Posts: 269Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

I don't know about any one else, but I can claim orders both from chat & the screen you can access from the order board - after getting my 60 points.

I gave up trying to tell the other members of my co-op that orders after 60 don't count, they also continued to send out orders for help after we had reached our goal for tier 3. I'm not coop admin and it is hard to explain to people the idiosyncrasies of the game through chat.

There's nothing wrong with sending out orders for help after reaching the weekly co-op goal. The helper who claims the order will still get timber, coins, and xp for filling any order they claim. They just won't get any more co-op points.

• SarahEmmeSarahEmme Posts: 15Registered User Muffin

@Rambling Rose said:
    I've been trying to explain this to my coop and it's driving me crazy. First of all none of them have discovered the screen at the bottom of the board so they are all claiming orders through chat. That doesn't stop them claiming orders once they reach the 60 max. I can see they have from the coop board and I've tried to persuade them to give the orders to those who are still below 60. They are adamant that they are still getting points so they think I'm talking rubbish. If they are getting points I'm pretty upset because I stopped getting them when I reached 60 and I've passed orders I could have filled, selling the stuff to others. I've missed out on a lot of wood that way. My coop still hasn't met it's goal either .
    I wish zynga would remove or at least increase the cap. 100 would be better. However if they won't then please stop people being able to claim orders through chat when they've reached their goal.

Maybe they're doing it for timber? I've reached my 60 limit but still claim orders I can fill in a reasonable time frame to earn timber and I feel like I'm earning timber a lot faster now.

• SarahEmmeSarahEmme Posts: 15Registered User Muffin

Also I was wondering... My board clock/timer just reset. I'm now on Tier 2 for the next 7 days. But does the clock reset for everyone in my co-op (or the game) at the same time? I didn't think it did.

@SarahEmme I do it for timber too , once the coop has reached its goal. Before that it's annoying if people keep claiming orders they will get no points for because they've done their 60. Sure they get timber but the coop risks not meeting it's goal.

And yes the new week resets for everyone at the same time. Not just your coop but everyone with the new board.

• lindasuelindasue Posts: 58Registered User This Space is Available
    Our little co op of 13 ( 12 active) members has reached our tier 4 goal...It was alot of work but with good communication (thru chat) and team work from all we did it in only 2 days.I still think the cap should be removed but if you can get your co op to work together and talk to each other using the chat feature you can do it . Since this new goal thing started I have removed 7 co op members as they did not participate at all in first 2 weeks. Problem is now I can't find any new members to join ,I have posted in add me and co op thread here and also invite regularly from market.I have only had 2 join 1 collected goal reward and promptly left co op and 1 has not played since joining.Anyone have any suggestions?
    @lindasue I wish I had any suggestions but I'm actually having the same problem. There are hardly any requests to join. Until a few months ago a single free space in a coop would immediately result in a few requests from new players. But then Zynga made some changes and messed everything up :angry: Advertising your coop in add me thread or anywhere on the forum doesn't work because hardly anyone reads these threads. And even if they do and decide to join they may not be able to, because coop search is so messed up that many times if you type your own coop name it won't show in search window.
    Why mess with things that were working fine, Zynga? You will only end up losing players....
    null
    Both myself and some of my co op members have looked for our co op in search typing in exactly our name and motto and we have yet to find ourselves so how is someone else to find us?

Apparently the co-op search just isn't working at all anymore. Can ANYONE find their own co-op in search anymore? I can't.

We have only a few active members in our coop and we all work well together but still have very little hope of reaching our goal this week because of the silly cap. When I look at the list of members, some are showing numbers of help they've sent to other coop members this week yet we never see requests from in our chat, nor do we see them post anything for sale. For all intents and purposes, they look inactive, except for that number of helping hands they have sent. Does anyone have any ideas?

I stopped using helping hand count a while back because sometimes it doesn't zero out and reset like it used to.I gave all members of my co op the first 2 weeks of co op goal board to join and participate and then I removed them....It is not fair to the working members of co op to have to cover those points of an inactive member.

@lindasue as I've understood it from what zynga have said on other threads, it's not the number of people in your coop that matters, it's the number of active players. So there is no need to evict non players unless you want to. It won't reduce the size of your goal for the following week.
    The coop I'm in has 33 members but many don't play at all. Our leader doesn't want to evict as people often take a break then return. Our goal for week 3 is 760 but I know a couple of coops of the same size where it's 1000.
    What qualifies as an "active player" I have no idea.

@rambling rose I don't know how Zynga is doing it either but from week 1 to week 2 our goal doubled we were thinking it would continue to double each week, after removing the 7 who had not played in the previous 2 weeks our goal did not double in fact it only went up about 100 points.but in the end our members feel that a non active member is no help to anyone else in co op not trying to sound harsh or mean but we work hard to help each other thru events and such and a member who only comes on during events to collect event items from everyone else is unfair to those who play daily and work hard in game.

@lindasue that's a fair point about events. Now that we are in week 3 of the new board I'm noticing less enthusiasm. Several members stopped playing once we'd all completed the event. I expect they'll be back on Friday for the next one. We've only just made it to half of this week's board goal. Last week we finished on Tuesday.

My co-op has lost some enthusiasm this week, too, in spite of my cheerleading efforts. But then, it's not uncommon for my members to take a game break between events to catch up on real life obligations. I have a feeling it's going to be increasingly difficult to pump my members up to making 1000 orders every week for a few hundred timber and a 1-week farmhand.

@laurief I completely agree some players do have lives!
    The 60 cap is part of the problem. I reached mine days ago now it's frustrating not being able to help.

Interesting chat guys. We have a new member who seems to be getting through a few orders so hopefully we will reach our goal. Even our admin is inactive lol.

@Rambling Rose, since reaching my 60 pt cap this week, I've been making and selling items for other members' orders who haven't reached their 60 yet. At least that way I can continue to help earn co-op pts beyond my own 60.

edited March 21

@laurief , I did that last week but this week it's not working as well with less people playing.

I suppose if you keep claiming orders for people who haven't reached 60 at least they will get a point when you fill it. Better, I know if there's someone else willing to take it so you can just make and sell them things. For me it's a time zone problem.

• EmilyBoyHEmilyBoyH Cloudylicious Posts: 269Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

We are slowly moving along now at 573/630 and Betty has already left. I agree it is very frustrating that my orders don't count anymore. We have 3 players at 60 and 2 or 3 others that are close. I send out some of my orders that ask for lower orders figuring at least we'll get one point.

But when I ask for help on an order for 11 fisherman's hats & someone else has an order for 3 - well you know what happens. Even if I have items to help out they might not see that & I can't stay on line all the time.

It doesn't help that our admin has been inactive for awhile & not everyone who is selling orders for timber is asking for help or helping on orders. At least they are playing and their orders give us one point each.

• MargiewMargiew Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I am confused after reading these comments. Are you saying clicking on claim in chat does nothing and you have to claim help directly from the order board?

@Margiew, no, chat is the ONLY place you can claim orders AFTER you've reached your weekly 60 co-op point cap. Before you reach that magic 60 number, you can claim orders either in chat or in your Order Board.